Monday, October 11, 2010

All things Invitation!

So I have decided that I am going to make our wedding invitations with the help of my bridesmaids, friends, and family! I looked at oodles and oodles of invitations online and in stores...my conclusion: they're expensive! I'm not all together sure what it will cost me to do them myself (especially with all my fun ideas), but you can't put a price on love, right?!

I am undecided about what specific method/style I am going to use... but whichever I end up choosing... I have about 200 invitations to make! My two current ideas are the following:

1.) Create homemade letterpress invitations using the Letterpress Combo Kit by Lifestyle Crafts. They offer this wonderful option of Custom Printing Plates. Long story short, I am currently in love with this idea!

2.) Create homemade invitations on nice card stock with a fancy paper backing! I got this idea yesterday when I was covering a shoe box in fancy paper so that I could use the box to put sewing stuff and buttons in it... and I had these scraps and BING! it came to me that it could be a fun idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment